Ново-Казанский собор г. Лебедяни. Построен в 1851 году. Строительство велось на пожертвования прихожан и купцов Игумновых, один из которых — Николай Иванович — более 40 лет был старостой собора.

На строительство колокольни также жертвовали деньги многие лебедянцы, среди которых — преподобный Иларион Троекуровский.

New-Kazan Cathedral in Lebedyan. Built in 1851. The construction was carried out on donations from the parishioners and merchants Igumnovs, one of whom, Nikolai Ivanovich, was the headman of the cathedral for more than 40 years.

Many residents of Lebedyan also donated money for the construction of the bell tower. One of them was the Reverend Hilarion of Troekurovo.

В 1856 г. колокольня имела 7 колоколов, главный из которых весил 8.5 тонн. Позже был отлит ещё больший колокол — 10 тонн.

В 1929 году эти колокола были сброшены с колокольни и уничтожены. Разбивать колокола взялся некто Молчанов. Спустя год после этого крепкий, никогда ничем не болевший мужик, умер.

В 1936 г. собор закрыли. Шпиль с крестом с колокольни был сброшен, в здании собора большевики устроили склад хозтоваров, в алтаре — овощной магазин. Это спасло собор от полного уничтожения, как это часто бывало в советское время с храмами, занимающими центральное положение. В 1960-х на Липецкое управление торговли даже была возложена обязанность провести капитальный ремонт здания и одбеспечить его сохранность.

Так Ново-Казанский собор дожил до 1989 года, когда он был передан верующим. 4 ноября 1989, в престольный праздник Казанской иконы Божией Матери, двери собора открылись для прихожан. В то время в здании всё ещё находился склад, а в алтаре шла торговля пивом и овощами.

В начале 1990 г. утверждено представление исполкома Липецкого совета народных депутатов и предложение Совета по делам религий о передаче верующим здания Ново-Казанского собора. Причт во главе с прот. Игнатием Кондратюком перешёл для совершения богослужений в Ново-Казанский собор, начались активные работы во восстановлению его былого величия.

В настоящее время в звоннице собора имеется 11 колоколов возрастом около 35 лет. Зазвонные колокола отливались здесь же, в Лебедяни. Более крупные — в Воронеже.

In 1856, the bellfry had 7 bells, the main of which weighed 8.5 tons. Later, an even larger bell was cast - 10 tons.

In 1929, these bells were thrown from the bell tower and destroyed. A man named Molchanov undertook to break the bells. A year later, this strong, never sick man died.

In 1936 the cathedral was closed. The spire with the cross was thrown off the bell tower, the Bolsheviks set up a warehouse for household goods in the cathedral building, and a vegetable shop in the altar. This saved the cathedral from complete destruction, as was often the case in Soviet times with temples occupying a central position. In the 1960s, the Lipetsk Department of Trade was even entrusted with the duty to overhaul the building and safeguard it.

So the New-Kazan Cathedral lived to see 1989, when it was handed over to believers. November 4, 1989, on the patronal feast of the Kazan Icon of the Mother of God, the doors of the cathedral were opened for parishioners. At that time, there was still a warehouse in the building, and beer and vegetables were sold in the altar.

At the beginning of 1990, the proposal of the executive committee of the Lipetsk Council of People's Deputies and the proposal of the Council for Religious Affairs to transfer the building of the New-Kazan Cathedral to believers were approved. The clergy headed by Fr. Ignatius Kondratyuk moved to the New-Kazan Cathedral to perform services, and active work began to restore its former grandeur.

Currently, the belfry of the cathedral has 11 bells aged about 35 years. The small, "ringing" bells were produced here, in Lebedyan. The big ones produced in Voronezh.